The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, executing and reporting of content for the agency and clients, including social media, website, blogs, video, podcasts and more. We are looking for a results-oriented marketing professional with a passion for storytelling, strong attention to detail and a data-driven mindset. If this sounds like you then keep reading.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Conduct brand research and competitive analysis using online resources and tools as well as getting out from behind your monitor(s) and into the real world to talk to people (when applicable)
- Work with CXO on strategic planning efforts for social media across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn…to name a few
- Create, curate, manage, and publish relevant, original content for organic social media channels
- Develop and execute a content marketing strategy that increases awareness, engages, drives website traffic and delivers qualified leads for client brands
- Research, write, edit, proofread and manage agency content
- Manage blogs, creating regular and relevant blog content that of course is search engine optimized
- Develop editorial strategy, in collaboration with the CXO and maintain multiple content marketing calendars
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends
- Monitor, listen, and respond to audiences on all platforms
- Develop and execute social media advertising campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, journalism, public relations, business administration, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience, which may include internships.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, both the organic and paid side
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Consider ones self as “a creative person”
- Strong work ethic
- Detail orientated
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Adaptable with an ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, every changing workplace
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects under tight deadlines
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a can-do attitude
- The ability to work successfully under little supervision and be a team player
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.